Sponsor of ESAO 2021: Realheart
Sponsor of ESAO 2021: LivaNova
Sponsor of ESAO 2021: Mag Assist
Sponsor of ESAO 2021: Fresenius Medical Care
Why attend ESAO 2021?
Tired of attending online events?
So are we! But here is why ESAO 2021 isn’t going to be like any other online Conference.
Wonderful Plenary Lectures
Prof Anthony Atala: Regenerative Medicine: Current Concepts and Changing Trends.
Prof Peter Walter: Artificial Eye
Most exciting sessions and speakers
Live Patients: With implanted devices – patient experience
Keynote talks: from leaders at the forefront of artificial organs research.
Special Symposium: The latest results coming out of labs across the world
Poster Verbal Presentation: We are committed to all contributor to ‘talk’ about their work.
yESAO activities will remain a prominent landmark of the ESAO 2021
Dedicated Online Platform
ESAO 2021 will be hosted via an enhanced online platform, allowing us to offer features such as:
- Live polling: Offering dynamic engagement between speakers and delegates within sessions, with results being published instantly in live charts.
- ePosters – Delegates can view presenter bios and abstracts, click into presentations of interest, download handouts and chat with presenters.
- Virtual Sessions: Delegates can watch live broadcasts with multiple video streams, play pre-record sessions on demand, synchronize to run in real-time and filter sessions and set alerts.
- Virtual Exhibition: Attendees can engage with companies of interest through video calls or live chat, watch live demos and more.
- Meeting Hub: A secure meeting space for all attendees. Browse attendee profiles, request to connect with someone, start up a conversation via text, video call or messenger, or schedule a meeting – it will add the meeting to your Conference timeline.
- Networking Groups: Virtual function areas where attendees can meet and exchange ideas.
- Personalised Timeline: Attendees will be able to create a personalised agenda showing sessions, networking groups, exhibitors, ePoster sessions, and more, in one user-friendly, configurable screen.
- Fun and interactive social online events
- Break out rooms for discussing a range of social, sporting, economical and scientific as well as jobs rooms.
- Free session – alternative to the Gala dinner: Join with a drink to participate in:
“Medicine, Science and Technology in Ancient Egypt” by an Egyptologist, Dr Ahmes L Pahor”
Early Bird Delegate Fees
Expires: Friday 30 July 2021
|ESAO MEMBER (REDUCED FEE)||£150.00|
|NON-MEBER (REDUCED FEE)||£200.00|
|MSC AND PHD STUDENT (REDUCED FEE)||£75.00|
|MSC AND PHD STUDENT||£110.00|
|SENIOR ESAO MEMBER/NON MEMBER||£100.00|
Friday 23 April 2021: Abstract Submission Final Deadline
Friday 23 April 2021: Special Symposium Final Deadline
Friday 18 June 2021: Abstract Review Announced
Friday 9 July 2021: Full Program Announced
Friday 30 July 2021: Early Bird Delegate Fee Expires
From the ESAO 2021 Congress Presidents, Professor Ashraf W. Khir and Professor John R. Pepper.
Professor Ashraf W. Khir
Brunel University London
Professor John R. Pepper
Royal Brompton Hospital
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
It is great to write to you again, and although sorry we did not meet in London last year, in hindsight, it was the right decision, given the mayhem COVID-19 created around the world.
COVID or not, Vaccine or not, we will meet this year!
We are very pleased to invite you to attend the 47th ESAO Congress, which will be taking place online, virtually in London, from 7-11 September 2021.
The theme for ESAO 2021 is “Uniting scientific minds towards lasting artificial organs” indicating that science should not follow politics; putting BREXIT aside, science should have no border and patient care should be the main focus anywhere on the map. In Artificial Organs Sciences we are united in Europe and beyond. Therefore, we invite you to submit abstracts showcasing your most recent collaboration, research, technological developments and clinical innovations that unite us and work towards this goal.
Despite the enormous plausible efforts devoted to developing artificial organs in the past 6 decades, which led to some organ replacement becoming routine practice, we are still far from optimum solutions and the artificial organs scientific and clinical community is still facing great challenges. Therefore, and in line with the key objective of ESAO to promote advances in science and technology for the benefit of human health and to contribute to the evolution of medical care, ESAO2021 congress is structured to achieve that objective. We aim to provide a unique platform to foster interdisciplinary discussions and collaborations between engineering, basic scientists, biologists, clinicians and industry partners, all of whom will play an integral part of the presenters and audience attending ESAO2021.
The Congress will provide intensive scientific interaction, supported by the International Scientific Committee, will be presenting the absolute forefront and latest in Artificial Organs development. We will feature:
- Keynote lectures delivered by world-class leaders in their field;
- Symposia will focus on:
– Artificial and Hybrid technologies and discoveries
– Clinical trials of devices and artificial organs
– Regulatory issues, approval of new devices
– Commercialisation challenges and development costing matters
– New Ideas and innovation.
- Poster sessions will form an important part of the Scientific Programme with dedicated poster viewing and chaired discussion times.
- An important Congress highlights is the pre-congress yESAO programme for our young investigators.
- An advanced virtual platform will facilitate an enjoyable social programme for all participants where there will be ample time for further discussion, interaction and networking.
On behalf of the Local Organising Committee, we look forward to welcoming you to ESAO2021, for what promises to be an excellent Congress and an opportunity to meet old friends and make new ones.
Uniting scientific minds towards lasting artificial organs
As a worldwide association, ESAO’s principal aims are the promotion of tissue and organ support and regeneration by artificial organ technology. Since its creation, the members of ESAO have been involved in the development of artificial organs. Some of these are now on the market, and often offer the patients a bridge to transplantation, when they are on a waiting list, or allow the efficient replacement of lost functions in acute or chronic organ failure.
With the progress of basic science, together with technology, these artificial organs will become smarter and smarter: miniaturisation, remote control, bio-hybrid systems will lead to incremental innovation or brand new devices, sometimes considered as “advanced therapies”. The translational research of our community ranges across cardiac assist devices, computer modelling, tissue engineering, bio measurements, artificial organs, drug delivery, bio-materials and stents.
All enquiries regarding this conference should be addressed to the Conference Secretariat:
The Conference Collective Ltd, 8 Waldegrave Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8HT, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8977 7997